Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heres's a project I've been putting off

 For Christmas last year I asked for a new back splash for the kitchen.
 I took my time getting started and this is why, first I had to rip off the old tile.  I was really dreading this and Julie down the street said "it's not that bad".
 Wrong, it was that bad.  Here's what is left of some of our poor walls after demo.
 Lots of patching and drywall mud to make them walls again.
 In case you were wondering I had to take them down because they were rounded on the top and that doesn't work with grout lines.
 This is the new tile that is now on clearance and the reason for my burst of energy.
 This is as far as I've gotten, the next row has me worried, it's my first time with mosaic tile and I'm a chicken.  Can't stay like this!
 In the mean time we called a plumber and worked on painting the outside of the house.  I should say touching up the outside of the house we painted it a few years ago.
I can't wait to show you what this messy space will end up being.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment